Low Dosing

Reflections on Bethesda

If science is a body and instruments are its senses, then the conference is its brain. I was recently graced with an opportunity to be a young neuron in a seasoned brain of science at the Bethesda low-dose radiation conference. My contribution, as might be expected of a new-born neuron, was a small one. I presented a poster detailing the work I had done to breath electronic life into the irradiated dog tissue archive. In return, I was rewarded with a deluge of science: a whir of results, money, policy, and the serendipitous inspirations that such an environment cultivates. Over the next few days, I will present to you, in serial, my observations alongside those chance thoughts and connections that are the magic conjured by a brain in meditation.

...

1 comment:

Johnny said...

I am looking forward to this.