Thing you can't judge a book by?

Riding the bus today, I was a bit put off when two young girls got on and, sitting next to me, started giggling at some secret joke. That wouldn't normally perturb me, but I got the impression that they were laughing at my expense. It wasn't till later that day that I realized the source of their amusement. You see, my friend Ted had given me this chess book which is written with questions on one page and solutions on the next. To save space, the publishers doubled over the book so you first read it forwards and then flip it upside down and backwards for the second half.

Sure enough, I was sitting on the bus reading an upside down book. Which leads me to my point: Though you might judge a book by its cover, please don't judge me by the cover of my book.

...

No comments: